Monday 16 April 2018

AWARD WINNER





Hollie and Figgs: Magical Adventures is award-winning! How great is that?

I entered the Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards and won a bronze award. Whoop! It was really exciting to be named a finalist, but when the awards were announced I was more than happy :) 
TWA, as they are called, is run by an award-winning author called Edward Trayer, his pen name is Billy Bob Buttons. On his website, he says that -
"I wanted to offer other independently published authors a very different award to what was presently offered on the internet. I wanted authors who enter to feel 'involved' and I wanted them to know we will judge their books thoroughly."
Edward has a panel of six primary schools who judge the books that have been entered in the children's category. So the books are read by readers they are intended for and the reviews are sent directly to the authors.
That is why I am particularly happy to share my award achievement and the reviews I have received.


REVIEWS

They can be accessed on Goodreads and Amazon. But for your convenience and my pleasure, I decided to share them with you here.


Title: Hollie and Figgs Magical Adventures

Author: Annette Sharman

Star Rating: 5 Stars

Number of Readers: 23


Stats
Editing: 10/10
Writing Style: 9/10
Content: 9/10
Cover: 10/10

Of the 23 readers:
23 would read another book by this author.
23 thought the cover was good or excellent.
23 felt it was easy to follow.
23 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
13 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘plotting a story’.
10 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘developing the characters’.
23 felt the pacing was good or excellent.
23 thought the author understood the readership and what they wanted.

Readers’ comments


'Very fun, sweet story. The magical land is well-imagined, and the characters are lively, perfect for young children to follow.’ Primary teacher, aged 32



‘I liked the ‘helping hand’ element of the story. The cat is wonderful, and well-illustrated too. The children in my class read this over and over.’ Primary teacher aged 43



‘I liked that Figgs took her on an adventure. Moving school is difficult. This might help children.’ Girl, aged 7

‘Change is difficult for children, so books like this are important. The story meanders a little too much but my two children still enjoyed it.’ Parent, aged 28

‘I love my cat so I know how the girl feels. I like the drawings very much.’ Boy, aged 7

To Sum It Up:
‘A delightful story, full of wonder. A Bronze Medal Winner and highly recommended.’ The Wishing Shelf Book Awards

This is my first children's storybook in the Hollie and Figgs series and reading these comments has spurred me on to write more. 
Thank you to everyone who read my book and liked it enough to give me an award. It makes all the work very worthwhile indeed.

I would like to thank my daughter Holly for her initial drawings and inspirational ideas, both my daughters for their advice and constructive criticism, to the illustrator Andy Wintrip who brought my daughters drawings to life, Jane Hammett the editor, Troubador Publishing and everyone on Kickstarter who made it possible to bring the project to life.






















Share:

4 comments

© Hollie and Figgs | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig
>